Schaeffler United Kingdom and Ireland

 
 
 
 
 
 
History

Company history

 
 

1955

October 26th - date of incorporation.

 

1956

Trading began under the name of INA Needle Bearing Company at an office based at Swiss Cottage, London. INA became agents for Hydrel selling their equipment (which converted electro-mechanical systems to hydraulic systems).

 

1957

INA leased a factory in Dafen from the Board of Trade - Needle manufacture commenced with 6 people.

 

1960

London office closed. Regional offices opened in Surbiton, Surrey, Rossendale, Lancashire and Boldmere, Birmingham. Office administration established at the Dafen Site.
INA Automation began at a small facility in Winson Green, Birmingham.

 

1966

Opening of Thyssen built factory in Bynea , Llanelli for INA by local MP J Griffiths. Total factory area 30000m². Production area 6600 m².

 

1969

Sales Office and Warehouse opens in Maybrook Road, Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham which is shared with INA Automation.